Tuesday, February 28, 2012

We Don't Put Plates on Walls!

When everyone was here at Christmas-time, two-year -old Gabbi said a cute thing. She was eating in our dining room all by herself. Michelle walked in to check on her and found her just giggling out loud. "What?" "What's so funny, Gabbi?" Michelle asked. Gabbi, looking up at all the plates on her Grandma's walls, was just cracking up. "We don't put plates on walls!" she giggled.
I guess it is kind of silly, Gabbi. When looking through the eyes of a child, we can see how silly some of the things we do are! But, silly or not, I like the plates on my walls!

7 comments:

Pam said...

One of favorite "Kay" stories about your grandkids! I love your plates on the wall, too!

Pal & Hatty said...

I too like the plates on your walls - you have so many fun plates and then of course there are the great memories attached to each plate!

Jessica said...

so funny! Your plates are really cute and I like them on your wall too.

Shonna said...

I remember stringing the yellow ribbon through some of your plates so we could hang them. And I love little Gabbi's story. ;)

sara cardon said...

So cute!! I guess it would seem strange to a 2 year old.:)

BTW, I LOVE the family picture as the header of your blog!! SO beautiful!!

Michelle said...

Whoever helped you hang those plates must love you. A lot.

Kay Hinton said...

Yes, Mel, that was an all-day project of me bossing and you working to get those plates up there. Did I ever thank you?