Saturday, February 4, 2012

Whitethorn Woods

Whitethorn WoodsWhitethorn Woods by Maeve Binchy My rating: 2 of 5 stars This book was an exercise in frustration for me. I was relieved to finish it. I don't think that's the emotion you should feel when you finish a book. It wasn't a novel, really. It was a bunch of little stories, with the characters all having some connection to a place in Ireland- Whitethorn Woods. Some of the stories and characters intertwine, but it's very hard to keep track of everyone. Though Binchy is good at characterization, I kept forgetting them before they came up again, so I felt like I was always needing to go back and try to find them. I do like some of Binchy's earlier books, but just wasn't crazy about this one. View all my reviews

2 comments:

Pal & Hatty said...

Thanks for the honest review - I too have enjoyed Maeve Binchy books in thepast but I think I will avoid this one.

Kristen Mackrory said...

Hooray for being done! :)