Wednesday, December 16, 2009

"Stained Glass" Plates

I'm craft challenged. I admit it. I'm just not very "crafty." On craft days at Relief Society, I try to sit by someone who looks as scared as me, so maybe mine won't look the worst . . .it always does. But I want to do crafts. I want to get better. So when Michelle told me about this idea to Mod Podge "stained glass" plates, my ears immediately perked up. "Mod Podge" I remember doing Mod Podge as a teenager and loving it because you really can't mess it up. There's no wrongs in this medium. Michelle's idea was to Mod Podge Christmas material onto the backs of glass plates, put your goodies on them and give them as neighbor gifts. But I decided to just use plastic plates. I just ripped pieces of tissue paper and started gluing. It was very fun, and I think they turned out really pretty. This is probably the only craft idea you'll ever see on this blog, so enjoy! Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Joan Morris said...

You cute little crafter you! :)

Michelle said...

Mom, they are BEAUTIFUL!!! I love them! And they would be super cheap, too! Oh, how I want to make some right now. If only I had the energy and time, oh, and some mod podge would help. Whatever - you are TOO crafty! You've just proved yourself wrong!

James and Tricia Thomas said...

They look great!!!! I don't think you are as craft challenged as you think!

Kristen Mackrory said...

I LOVE them!! I love the stained glass window effect! SO, SO breautiful. BUT I have to disagree about you not being crafty! I have seen some of the AMAZING things you have made over the years! My favorite being the ceramic nativity that holds so much magic and peace for me now and did as a child. You made one for you and your mom and I admire and treasure both of them! And here you've done it again.