Saturday, September 6, 2008

Therapy

When I tell people I'm in therapy, they get a funny look on their face. And rehab isn't much better. So I guess I should title this post "Physical Therapy". My usual therapist is a kind and gentle man. I found out just how kind and gentle this week when he was out of town. I was relegated to Jane. I've known Jane for several months as I've been in "therapy" with my other knee and am a frequent visitor there. She seemed so nice. But when let loose on my knee, she turned into an Amazon woman. She seriously seemed to be intent on breaking my leg in half. At one point, I whimpered and told her it was scaring me. She just said, "I know" and kept pushing. AAAAHHHH! But, I got her back . . . in the only way I know how. When she put me on the infamous "rack", I got out my ipod, plugged in my earpieces, cranked up Keynote Christmas music and sang for all I was worth. "A star dances, an angel sings." That oughta learn her!! I have Jane again on Monday and Tuesday. I'm thinking of downloading "A hundred bottles of beer on the wall" and really cutting loose. Te he he!

6 comments:

Joan Morris said...

Pretty funny Kay! I hope Jane doesn't break your new knee, but it sounds like you have a pretty good way of dealing with the pain. It reminds me of your "I Am Woman" days. (:
PS Thanks for taking care of Whitney this weekend. She does love her Aunt Kay.

Shonna said...

You go Mom! We had a good laugh when we read your story.

Natalie Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie Sue said...

Hi Kay! I'm glad your knee is getting better.. what a hilarious post! Jane the Amazon woman!! lol. I hope your kind and gentle therapist comes back soon.

Brian said...

I like the new picture you have at the top of your blog now. You and Ken look so young!

Shonna said...

I love the picture of Brielle and Nathan! They are soooo cute. I can't wait for you to post the cute stories of them being there to visit this past weekend. Oh, and you say such cute things on your posts, thanks. love you.
-Gonzo