Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

Hallelujah #1: I'm not crazy! In my explore, I just hadn't looked to the other side of my car. There I discovered the big fertilizer spreader had escaped, rolled and crashed into my car- hence the big noise. Mystery solved. Hallelujah #2: I went to therapy (hhhmmm hhhmmm: PHYSICAL therapy) this morning and was finally released to get in the pool. Hallelujah! Everything has to be completely healed before they let you in- no scabs. With my last knee, it was two months to the day that they released me. This one has healed faster. It may have something to do with my taking the washrag to it frequently- that gets rid of scabs! I get to start on Thursday. It's so much more fun to suffer through the painful exercises in the pool than in the gym. Hallelujah #3: I just did another milestone. I haven't shopped at all since the 2nd surgery except the grocery store and Costco where I ride the little motorized cart. I've run errands that I can drive through, but no other shopping. It's frustrating to need something, but not be able to go and get it. I've been working on LAST summer's Europe trip scrapbook. It's such a special time in our family: We're in Europe, Michelle is in Europe, too with the folkdancers and we occasionally see her (she's also engaged and missing her Brian), Shonna and Blake are engaged and nearing their wedding date, and Kristen and Jared are awaiting the arrival of baby Nathan any moment. We are firing emails back and forth. Those emails are so precious to me and just capture that pivotal time in our family's history. So, I've been determined to get those emails into the Europe trip scrapbook, which has taken many hours to get them edited, respaced, etc. Then I discovered that the book I had purchased wasn't large enough to hold all that. So, after therapy today, I went to Michael's and bought a larger book. I know, not a big deal to you, but a milestone to me. I am shaky and ready to be home, but I did it! Hallelujah!

5 comments:

Joan Morris said...

You are so funny. I think you should be a writer! I'm glad you left evidence in case you were abducted in the night, but thankfully you weren't and the mystery is now solved. I think I know which sister taught you that trick and she had some other unusual tricks up her sleeve in dealing with bad guys as I recall. Congratulations on graduating into the pool and on your first shopping trip. I'm very proud.

Blake said...

(Please imagine me moving my hands clasped in circular motion in front of me while I do a little jig.)
Go mom, go mom, go, go, go mom!

Sarah said...

Congrats on the quick healing. You must be drinking XanGo. Hopefully it isn't the case from Joan's garage. I'm sure that one is fermented by now.

Kristen Mackrory said...

Three Hallelujahs in one day! Now that is a good day. I am especially grateful that it was simply the garage spreader that escaped and that you werent abducted! And way to go on the shopping trip. It muct feel good to be getting your freedom back! And it is only going to get better from here! Yipee! Have fun in the pool!

sara cardon said...

Congrats on all of the exciting developments since I last checked your blog!! I got to tell you, I too have been wondering what it would have been that made that loud noise!! You had us all stumped.:) I'm especially glad it wasn't an intruder.