Saturday, August 17, 2024

More Blasts from the Past, 8

 

An important tradition in Caldwell is the annual Caldwell Night Rodeo.  Do I have memories of it?  No.  I never went to it.  But we nearly always went to the barbecue put on by the Rotary Club one of the nights and had delicious food, including all you can eat sweet corn.  There is NOT better sweet corn anywhere than in Caldwell, Idaho.  I remember hearing the cheering and seeing the lights in the arena from the rodeo every year.

I'm sure that this picture brings back memories for many people.  It is how I learned to read.

The cheerleaders threw out these balls during ballgames.  I can't remember whether I had one, or just saw them?
This is not a Caldwell memory, but is certainly part of my childhood.  My Grandma Peterson lived a few blocks from the Bluebird.  When we visited her we loved going there to order a cherry iron port and get a Merry Widow candy.  It is sad that the Bluebird is closed now.



1 comment:

martha meyers said...

I didn't know the Bluebird was closed!!! We loved that place.