Sunday, March 10, 2024

Beyond That, the Sea

 

Beyond That, the SeaBeyond That, the Sea by Laura Spence-Ash
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

All while I was reading, or actually listening to, this historical fiction novel, I kept hoping it would be my first 5-star rated book of the year. It certainly was a page-turner which is my first qualification to get a 5-star rating from me. The other qualification is that it needs to make me want to be a better person. It took me longer to find this quality in this story. But when I found it, it shouted at me. It taught so profoundly that we need to cherish each day with our loved ones. Life is tenuous and short. We don’t know what tomorrow will bring. Cling to and love our families with all our hearts. That’s a pretty profound take away. So here you have it: my first 5-star rating of 2024.

View all my reviews

No comments: