Friday, October 27, 2023

October, 2023 General Conference

 October, 2023 General Conference was wonderful.  I loved the talks and the music and the spirit I felt as we listened.  I am so grateful the prophet was able to speak.  I am grateful for the 20 new announced temples and that one is at least in Japan, if not in Sendai, Japan.  Still praying!  










It used to be a tradition that we would gather on the Sunday evening of general conference at Ken's parents' home and each of us share our favorite talk.  Continuing that tradition, I will name some of my favorites from this conference.  Note that if I made this list tomorrow, I would probably choose different ones.  It is hard to choose.  All of them were good.

Elder Newman's on teaching of Jesus Christ.  I always love his talks.
Elder Gary Stevenson on the Spirit, *Elder Philips on that God knows us, and of course, President Nelson: Think Celestial.

*You may remember that we heard Brother Philips speak last year when we attended the Hyde Park, London stake.  He was in the area presidency there.  His talk was so powerful, and I predicted then that he would be a general authority.  He was sustained last April. Click here to read what I wrote about his talk after hearing him in London. 

 We are so grateful for general conference and for those that speak.

No comments: