Saturday, October 21, 2023

American Ramble

 

American Ramble: A Walk of Memory and RenewalAmerican Ramble: A Walk of Memory and Renewal by Neil King Jr.
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Non-Fiction. This was a great book-so well written. If you love American history and geography you will love this book. I loved the social insights he gives. After a battle with cancer and just at the end of the pandemic lockdown, Neil King goes on a walking pilgrimage from his home in Washington DC to New York City. He meets many people along the way and visits many historical sites. His research is remarkable as he tells the stories of the sites and the people in history that were there. He meets many along the way, telling of each, their personalities, their expertise and what they taught him. That was the part I liked best. I think most would enjoy this good book.

View all my reviews

No comments: