Sunday, September 25, 2022

Queen Elizabeth Passes Away

 “I declare before you all that my whole life whether it be long or short shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong. But I shall not have strength to carry out this resolution alone unless you join it with me, as I now invite you to do: I know that your support will be unfailingly given. God help me to make good my vow, and God bless all of you who are willing to share it.” (21st birthday radio address, 1947)

“For me, the life of Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace, whose birth we celebrate today, is an inspiration and an anchor in my life. A role-model of reconciliation and forgiveness, he stretched out his hands in love, acceptance and healing. Christ’s example has taught me to seek to respect and value all people of whatever faith or none.” (2014)

I am saddened by the passing of Queen Elizabeth.  Like so many monarchs in the bible and Book of Mormon, she selflessly devoted her life to serving her country and its people.  She was a great example of righteous devotion to duty.

This picture, taken just a day or two before her death, shows her devotion to her duty.  Her purple hands are the only indication of her poor health.  Because of her love of horses, I think she would like it said about her that she died in the saddle.
May her successors follow her fine example.  Rest in peace, Queen Elizabeth.





1 comment:

Shonna said...

I love this post--i really didn't know that much about her but she seems to be a remarkable woman.