Saturday, June 19, 2021

Memorial Day

 Memorial Day was a little different for us this year.  We had previously decorated my parents and other ancestors' graves with my family the week before.


  We did go to Ken's parents' grave in Hurricane to pay our respects.



On Memorial Day evening, we attended the retirement party for our good friend, Greg.  He and Ken have been friends since childhood.  He retired from his medical doctor practice in January.  The party was scheduled back in January, but because his mom had COVID (and passed away from it) and Greg and his wife also got it, the party was postponed until now.
Sorry about the glare on this fine portrait of Greg.

His family did such a nice job of representing his career in displays.  I took pictures of some of my favorite things.


This is Patsy, Greg's wife.  She gave a wonderful speech about Greg and his career as a small town doctor.  It was absolutely masterful.  Greg's dad was the doctor in Hurricane before Greg.  She made comparisons of his life and how Greg followed in his footsteps.  Because everything is so regulated now, Greg is kind of the last of the small town doctors.  I wish I could capture the essence of Patsy's amazing speech.  It brought me to tears.

Greg also gave a short speech at the end.




Patsy giving her masterful speech.

No comments: