Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Happy Birthday to Me!

I hit one of those landmark birthdays- 65!  It sounds so much older than I feel.  It was a great day.  
I guess it didn't start too great.  Our air conditioning unit went out the night before, so the day started with repairmen coming at 8:00am.  (Several days later, it still is not fixed, though they have been here three times attempting to fix it.  The temperature on our car registered 115 today.   It is SO SO SO hot !)
We went to breakfast at Kneaders and had their all-you-can eat cinnamon French toast.  So yummy!

Ken's gift to me.

Gift from our daughters- a winter door wreath

Ken's gift to me was a shot box.  We borrowed Don and Ada's earlier and decided it would be very nice to have one.  


Our cooler has not been working for three days.  I took this picture showing it was 85.1 in the house.  It got hotter than that.  
My daughters gave me this calf stretcher to help with my plantar fasciitis.  They are such thoughtful gift-givers.
Gifts from my sisters



An assortment of birthday cards from friends and family.

It had been a year- and- a - half since we went to Paula's Mexican restaurant in town because of COVID.  I was really hungry for it, so that was my choice for my birthday dinner.  It was so yummy!   I ordered a combo meal: 1 chili relleno, 1 taco, and 1cheese enchilada- my usual!

Ken went to Costco and bought a chocolate mousse cake for my birthday cake.  He treated me like royalty all day.  Happy birthday to me!!



*Update:  After three long days and nights with no cooler, it is now working.  On their third visit, the repairmen replaced the motor.  We are so very grateful for air conditioniing!









1 comment:

Ada said...

We wanted to wish you happy birthday, but didn’t have any service during our reunion. Glad to see that you were treated well!