Monday, May 31, 2021

The Midnight Library

 

The Midnight LibraryThe Midnight Library by Matt Haig
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

What a creative premise for a book- to have the ability to try out different lives, each created by a different decision in our lives. It is so thought-provoking. I remember thinking about that when I was a mother of small children, and a friend my same age was not married and was pursuing a vocal performance career. Though we were not so different, our lives were so very different. Each decision we make sends us down a path, never to return. We make many, many such decisions in our lives. Nora gets to explore many of these paths and what would have happened. Interesting idea, isn’t it? But I felt like the book bogged down a bit in the middle, and I wasn’t sure I loved the ending. It was Goodreads Books of the year for 2020. I’m not sure it was THAT good.

View all my reviews

No comments: