Monday, May 10, 2021

Rewind

 Ken does not like to re-watch movies.  I do.  When he goes out of town, I have a hey day re-watching favorite movies.

I love this movie.  I love the music, the almost believable story, the romance, and the characters.  I actually re-watched this one twice !

When I watched this one the first time, I was disappointed.  I loved the book so much, and I didn't feel like the main character- Juliet was portrayed well in the movie.  She was too serious.  She had lost that spunk she had in the book.  But, now I have forgotten the book and just thoroughly enjoyed the movie.  This is a great story.  I am so glad I rewound this one!

The opposite happened with this movie.  I remember liking it a lot more the first time I watched it.  But it was funny and entertaining.

I honestly don't know if I had seen this movie before.  I knew the story, and I certainly recognized the music, but if I had seen it, I had forgotten much of it.  The acting was amazing, the costuming, glorious, and the music, some of the best from any musical.  But, overall, I wasn't crazy about the story.  Henry Higgins is a jerk and doesn't deserve the princess he created.

This isn't the first time I've re-watched this movie.  I really like it.  Especially the RV bathroom scene- one of the best scenes ever in any movie.  Even when I am alone, I can't help laughing out loud.

My sister, Joan recommended I re-watch this wonderful movie.  Rene'e Zellweger is amazing in it.  What a sweet and true story.


No comments: