Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Blast From the Past- Friends

I have been cleaning out closets and found this old wallet.  Imagine my joy when I opened it to find pictures from sometime around 7th grade.

I don't know if it still is, but it was a thing to exchange pictures back then and write a small note on the back.  This is Laurinda ( I can't remember her last name,) Opal (can't remember her last name,) Jolene Brown (we stayed good friends and were college roommates at Ricks College,) Giustina (I can't remember her last name, but I really liked her), Sandy Garland (always such a cheerful, smiley, pleasant girl,)  and Kathy Smith Pilling ( still a good friend.  We also were college roommates at BYU and lived near each other both years at Ricks.)

Kathy Smith, Rhonda Putnam (her sister married my brother.  Of all pictured, she is the one I am closest to now,) Mr. Teichert (7th grade science teacher.  He was a great and inspiring teacher) Teresa (I can't remember her last name,) and Matt Rohrbach (who had a crush on me and gave me sweet gifts and wrote nice notes. I remember he gave me a big chocolate heart on Valentines Day)

Donna Child and Linda Christensen (both in my ward.) 

Sue Schroeder ( a good friend.  I later was her bridesmaid)
I am so pleased that most of these I am still in contact with through Christmas cards and Facebook: Jolene, Sandy, Kathy, Rhonda, Donna, Linda, and Sue.  That's pretty good from SO long ago!  It certainly was a happy thing to find these pictures and reminisce about each of these cherished friends.  A true blast from the past!

1 comment:

Joan Morris said...

I loved seeing those pictures. I remember most of those girls. I didn't know about Matt Rohrbach and his crush on you. I too loved Mr. Teichert.