Sunday, December 24, 2017

Merry Christmas!


For Christmas last year, we were in Japan, celebrating our Savior's birth in a land that knows very little about Him. This video became a big part of our Christmas.  In the weeks before Christmas, we went to house after house in the cold, sharing this video (the Japanese version).  We stood in genkan after genkan and played the video for friends, neighbors, and strangers.  We then invited them to come to church on Christmas day and learn more of our Savior.  Many, many responded and did come.  This little video has become "Christmas" to me.  In most of those genkans (entryways), I couldn't see the video, as Ken held his Ipad for the people to watch, but I listened to the music over and over and I looked into beautiful Japanese faces as they watched the video.  I watched those faces change as they watched.  I watched the spirit fill their hearts and their souls.  I watched them soften.  One exclaimed when it concluded, "I felt something warm in my heart!"  I am grateful beyond words for my Savior, for His love, for His example.  May the true spirit of Christmas permeate your hearts and your homes today and all the year through.  Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Pal & Hatty said...

I love "Light the World" and the wonderful reminders of what Christ taught and did for his fellowman and what we can do too!

Michelle said...

That video still makes me tear up, every time.