Thursday, December 21, 2017

BYU/USU Game and Visit with the Camerons

It was a hard choice.  Our mission reunion was the same weekend as General Conference and the BYU/USU game.  We would have loved to see missionaries that we love and our mission president and his wife, but we wanted to see family more. So we decided to go to Logan for the weekend. Blake got us tickets for the BYU/USU game, so we headed up there on Friday.  We were excited.  We did feel a little sad when one of our very favorite elders texted and asked if we would be at the reunion that night.  I texted and explained why we wouldn't.  We later learned he didn't go and we felt bad.  
But we had such a fun time at the game with Shonna and Blake.  The outcome wasn't what we hoped, but it was still fun.We missed the last two BYU football seasons, and were ready to cheer for the Cougars.  Unfortunately, it hasn't been a great season to be a Cougar fan.



Things started out great.  But when our quarterback got injured, we sort of self destructed.

We loved spending conference weekend with family. It was such a great and inspiring conference.



I didn't get pictures, but Shonna had lots of projects going during conference- canning beets, harvesting dill seeds, making salsa, etc.  Shonna grows a big garden and cans and freezes a lot of food each year.  We helped her while we watched.  I wish I had taken pictures of the results!

G
Gabe took some of his first steps while we were there (he is running all over the place now!)  


And he got his first ride on the Grandpa horsey.  Can't start training them too early!

He loved it!

Lily always lets me do her hair.

I love this sweet little girl.



Grandpa and Hannah Rose reading together

Grandpa and Hannah play doll house

 We had dental appointments with Blake on Monday morning, then headed back home. It was such a fun weekend with the Cameron family!

2 comments:

Pam said...

I love all of the darling pics seeing you interact with those cute grandkids! I'm so glad you had such a fun weekend with the Camerons, but I just have to say it - G-O-O-O AGGIES!

Pal & Hatty said...

Cute picture of you and Ken and I also like the picture of the 4 of you at the game! Gabe is a darling little boy! I love how you fix Lily's hair when you visit! You and Ken are great grandparents and I am sure your grandkids love you both!