Monday, July 31, 2017

Farewell Dinners with Special Friends

A couple of months before we went home, our friend Kozue told us to be prepared to be very busy the last month of our mission. She said everyone would want to do things with and for us.  Boy, was she right.  We had many invitations to dinner and other events.  I am still regretting that we had to turn some of these down. We were just swamped at the end and didn't have time. I feel so bad.  But we did go to some of them.
The Nomuras took us to dinner at an all-you-can -eat pizza/ pasta place. It was yummy.


Sometimes I look so much like my dad.



The Kobayashis had us over for a royal  farewell feast.  It was actually the night that we got stuck in the ditch.  We were stressing the whole time whether we would get back to town in time. 
Sister Kobayashi is an amazing cook.  She always brought delicious food to the branch parties.  This evening she cooked a feast for a king.  She made little individual meatloaves smothered in a delicious gravy, individual pasta gratins, loaded green salad, carrot salad, fruit, potatoes,  a mushroom dish that was delicious, soup, then a dessert.  I was so full, I thought I would burst.
I didn't.


Then the Abe family had us for dinner.
They also served pasta gratin, tempura, Japanese egg salad,onigiri (rice balls), and soup. 


It also was delicious. 


After dinner, Sister Abe presented me with beautiful cloisonné necklaces she had made.  She had me choose one for me and each of our daughters.  I was so very touched. They are beautiful and all handmade by her.

The Abe Family

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I am glad that you didn't burst. 😂 Such giving, generous people!