Thursday, July 13, 2017

Re-entry

I have been neglecting this blog.  I have several posts started, but can't seem to work up the gumption to finish them.  I will.  I'm trying to be patient with myself.  This coming home is hard.  I call it re-entry.  There are two times that are very dangerous when a rocket goes into space: when it leaves the atmosphere and when it re-enters earth's atmosphere.  That's a lot like going on a mission.  Getting gone is really, really hard.  And coming home may be even harder.  Jet lag, millions of things to take care of, jet lag, stacks of mail to sort through, jet lag, responsibilities, jet lag, doctor appointments, jet lag, . . . .   you get the picture. 
I have actually been making dinner this week and even baked a cake.  So, little by little, life will fall into place and I'll be me again. 
But we are home.  And it's wonderful, for the most part.  We are humbly grateful for the opportunity we had to serve.  There is still a lot for me to post about from the mission, and a lot has happened since.  So, stay tuned.  I will do it.  I can't leave things incomplete like this, and life goes on, so there's more and more to record.  It just may take awhile.  Poco a poco, little by little, right?

1 comment:

Pam said...

Love the analogy - you explained very well how jolting it is to come home after such a long time and all that needs to be done. And this crazy heat right now probably doesn't help. This, too, will pass and I look forward to getting together with you guys and hearing more about your experiences. But I get it; sometimes the elephant just seems like it has too many bites!