Thursday, March 9, 2017

The Last Snow

We went out on "seeking lost sheep" visits on Wednesday in Sakata.  It started to snow.  Some of the flakes were as big as quarters (look on my left shoulder.)  The snow was swirling all around. 
Last evening, we went to Sakata eikaiwa and I told one of our students- Hiroshi-  about the huge snowflakes.  He said it would be the last snow of the season.  He said, "It will be the last snow this winter.  I guarantee it."  "How can you be so sure?"  He just looked all-knowing and smug.  So, folks, I guess we have experienced our last snow in Japan.  That season of our life is over.  Just thought you should know.

* I wrote this this morning.  It is now snowing- hard!!!  So much for guarantees!  Ha! Ha! 

4 comments:

Pal & Hatty said...

You have had a long and snowy winter there and I guess it is still going on!! If it is any consolation to you, we have had a long and snowy winter in Elk Ridge also!

Michelle said...

What a magical, beautiful picture! ❄

Joan Morris said...

Well we finally have bulbs popping up in our yard. Spring has sprung. I'm sure it is on it's way to Tsuruoka too!

Pam said...

I will hit in the 80s this week in St. George. Alas, too soon, too soon! So store up those snowflakes!