Tuesday, August 4, 2015

My Husband is a Movie Star!

Ken had his fifteen seconds of fame last weekend.  About a year ago, our neighbor, Bob Sonju, who works for the Washington county school district asked Ken to be in a documentary they were making to celebrate 100 years in Washington County School District.  So, during the last year he had on-camera interviews and he provided pictures of himself as a child.  The premier of the movie was Saturday night.  It was a huge, red carpet affair.  It was held at Desert Hills High School.
Ken on the red carpet

One of the high school jazz bands was playing

There were tables set up and balloons and popcorn and candy and cold drinks.



There were a lot of people there.  It was a big affair.



Ken by the movie poster


Ken's name on the poster.  Wilford Brimley was the narrator and Jeffrey R. Holland was in it.  Dia Frampton was also in it.  She won "the Voice" a couple of years ago.  She and her sister sang the song written for the movie.


The movie begins

They had a lot of wonderful, old shots from the early days

Ken told about his first grade teacher in his part.  He did so well.  

Our neighbors, Macy and Maddie Sonju were also stars.  

They took pictures of everyone.
This picture of Ken as a child was in the movie.
If you want to see more about it, go to this link!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/On-Dreams-of-Dixie/407930112703477?fref=ts

It really was well done.  It was chosen to be in the upcoming St. George film festival in September in the documentary category. 
My husband- the film star!!!

9 comments:

Pal & Hatty said...

I love it! I now know a movie star - I am excited! Can I see the movie? Congratulations Ken!

Pal & Hatty said...

I love that picture of you and Ken - so cute!

Pam said...

And what a cute movie star he is! Love that childhood picture! I can't wait to see the movie! Ken is so articulate and thoughtful when he expresses himself; I'm sure he is wonderful in this. What a fun red carpet event you guys attended - love the pics!

Joan Morris said...

What a fun event! Congrats to Ken on his new career!

Shonna said...

That's so awesome! Thanks for taking lots of pictures so we could participate.

sara cardon said...

Wow!! And to think!! I'm related!! What a fun night!

Michelle said...

I have never seen that picture of dad! Cute! I want to see it next time we visit.

Michelle said...

I have never seen that picture of dad! Cute! I want to see it next time we visit.

Michelle said...

I have never seen that picture of dad! Cute! I want to see it next time we visit.