Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Help Everyone I Meet Feel Comfortable, Needed, and Loved

Wow!  That is a tall order and so far out of my comfort zone.  This mantra came from a talk in sacrament meeting given by a brother in the stake that I admire a lot- Lynn Bloxham.  I still remember when I first met him.  He knew Ken as Ken was in our stake presidency, but I had never met him.  He did exactly this: he helped me feel comfortable, needed, and loved.  It made a big impression on me. I was overwhelmed with the love and honor he gave in just my first encounter with him.  Years later- just a month ago- he visited our ward as a high council speaker.  In his fabulous talk, he presented his mantra.  He presented in such a way that he was honoring someone else who did that, but, to me it was obvious because I know him that it is his life mantra.  Because I remembered how I felt when I met him, it has made a big impact on me and has caused me some serious thought.  Could I really do that?  Could I make everyone I meet feel comfortable, needed, and loved?  Probably not, but maybe in the reaching for it, I could become a better person.  Anyway, I offer it as food for thought for you.

For other mantra ideas, click here.

3 comments:

Joan Morris said...

Love it! What a great mantra to live by. I will try to remember that one!

Michelle said...

Your mantra posts provide great food for thought. This is great!

Michelle said...

Your mantra posts provide great food for thought. This is great!