Tuesday, July 7, 2015

L. C. Gabrielsen, Sr. Family Reunion

On Saturday, June 27, 2015, we attended the L.C. Gabrielsen, Sr.(my grandpa) Family reunion at my cousin David's home in Draper, Utah.  
Two of my favorite people: Aunt Grace and Aunt Nedra.  To use David's words, there are just three leaves left on the tree of that generation:  Aunt Nedra (my dad's sister), Aunt Grace (wife of my Dad's brother, Alvin) and Aunt Gary (wife of my Dad's brother, Ronald)
 We drove to Patty and Hal's home in Elk Ridge Friday evening and met Joan and Tom and John and Cindy there.  It doesn't look like it in these pictures, but we had a nice visit that evening.
Our hosts: Hal and Patty

Tom and my  brother, John

My sister, Joan
The next morning was the best part of the whole reunion for me(but I didn't take any pictures).  The guys drove up to Draper early in the morning to play golf with all the cousins.  The girls stayed at Patty's and made food for the reunion and visited all morning.  It was so fun.  We then drove up to Draper and met at David's beautiful home.

David had each of the remaining Aunts speak.  Nedra.

Gary

Grace
Stacy and Mindy and family members

My cute sister-in-law, Cindy

Joan, Tom, Patty, and Hal
The reunion was well attended with I'd guess about 100 people there.  I know Grandpa Gabrielsen and Grandma Erma would be proud!

3 comments:

Joan Morris said...

I was so glad you could make it! It was a wonderful chance to rub shoulders with some great people. Next time we'll have to get our families there.

Pam said...

I'm so glad Nedra went to the trouble so long ago to bring Dad's family together so that we can know a little bit about each other and share our great heritage together!

Kristen Mackrory said...

How wonderful to have that sister time in the morning. I love working side by side on something and chatting at the same time. It looks like it was a wonderful event. So neat that it was so well attended.