Wednesday, July 29, 2015

A Week in Winter

A Week in WinterA Week in Winter by Maeve Binchy

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This was Mauve Binchy’s final novel. It was actually published after she died. I really enjoyed the first half of the book- the story of Chicky and those who helped her establish her hotel in Ireland. I wish the novel would have kept the focus on her and what happened in her life. I felt the second half of the book brought in way too many characters and the ending was abrupt and unsatisfying with many loose ends left unresolved. I kept expecting Walter or Mrs. Cassidy to come back into Chicky’s life or for her to find a new love. I guess I’ll have to tie the loose ends how I like them and make up my own ending in my mind. I do appreciate Ms. Binchy’s talent and will miss her delightful Irish stories.



View all my reviews

No comments: