Friday, March 13, 2015

Kaboom!!!!

Last night:
The salad was made, the pasta cooked perfectly el dente, the table set.  The sauce was ready, perfectly seasoned.  I poured the sauce over the cooked chicken and KABOOM!!!!!   The pan exploded all over me and the kitchen.  That pan broke into literally thousands of pieces.  I was devastated!  There goes dinner.  There goes my pan!  There goes, and this is the saddest part for me, my can of Trader Joe's Marinara Sauce that I was SO excited to try.  
I was making Kristen's delicious Parmesan Chicken:
It is so yummy.  



Kaboom!!!!!!
Well that's not a very impressive picture, but the glass shards were EVERYWHERE!
So, instead of This . . .


We had this.  After my husband cleaned up the mess, of course.  He's nice like that.
I guess, if I'm being philosophical, I'm glad I wasn't hurt.  I did get a small glass shard in my foot, but other than that, I wasn't hurt.  It could have been so much worse as it literally exploded all over me.  This was not safety glass, people.  And I'm glad I had something else I could whip up quickly.  But I am sad about my pan and my Trader Joe's Marinara Sauce.  KABOOOOOOOM!!!


5 comments:

Kristen Mackrory said...

That is just crazy!!! Why did it explode? All that delicious food gone. So sad. But your "plan B" looks a lot better than my "plan a" last night. You are truly amazing.

Pam said...

I had that happen to me when Missy and Jedd lived in Minneapolis and I was there helping her when she had Jared. I had roasted a chicken in a clear glass Pyrex pan and I added some tap water to the bottom of the pan to deglaze it. Kaboom all over their kitchen. Scared us all to death! Jedd was so nice to help clean it up.Thank goodness for helpful men!

sara cardon said...

My mom can correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember that happening with not one, but TWO pyrex casserole pans on the SAME day at our house when I was in elementary school. It was Sunday dinner and I think she was trying to make gravy with the pan drippings from some pork chops right out of the oven, and both glass pans ended up shattering in the process. This is sounding like it's a common problem! Let's get TomTom to sue with a class-action suit!

Joan Morris said...

Yes, Sara that is exactly what happened. I learned my lesson to never heat up a 9 x 13 pan on the stove top. Sorry about the delicious dinner, but your shrimp fettuccine looks delicious!

Michelle said...

That is CRAZY! Ugh. So frustrating. I'm impressed that you still made dinner. I probably would have settled with cheerios at that point.