Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (Flavia de Luce, #1)The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I have a new character to add to my list of favorites. Eleven- year-old Flavia is brilliant, mischievous, and has a delightful English accent, depicted perfectly in the audio version I listened to. Flavia is always a step ahead of the inspector in solving the murder mystery and is just a little too smart for her own good as she ends up in a very scary, nail-biting conclusion, saved only at the last minute. I just put the second Flavia book on hold at my library so I’ll be enjoying more mysterious adventures- Flavia-style. A fun read.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

sara cardon said...

I love this series! I'm currently waiting for the 6th or 7th-- whichever one he just came out with. I've liked them all!

Pal & Hatty said...

This sounds like a good book and I want to read it!