Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Hundred-Foot Journey

The Hundred-Foot JourneyThe Hundred-Foot Journey by Richard C. Morais

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I’m a foodie and a traveler, so this book was my cup of tea. I enjoyed reading it and still can’t believe it’s not the author’s own personal experience as everything is described as if he were there and the scenes so detailed and imaginative. It reads like an autobiography, though there are some scenes that required third person omniscience.
I also enjoyed the movie, though the two are different. The movie does not follow the book exactly in plot or characterization- at least not how I imagined the characters, and the ending is very different. I did enjoy seeing the scenes come to life in the movie, but for the most part, I enjoyed the book more. . . except maybe the ending. The movie has a nicer ending, I think- much more satisfying. This book was a delectable feast!




View all my reviews

No comments: