Monday, March 24, 2014

Calico Joe

Calico JoeCalico Joe by John Grisham

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


What? A Grisham novel without a single lawyer in it? That’s Calico Joe. It’s a story of baseball, intermingling fictional characters with those that really played in the 1970’s. But more than that, it’s a story of abuse and forgiveness and transformation. A departure for Grisham, not only because it’s not a law story, but also because it’s short, this is a deeply moving story of forgiveness and repentance. Baseball fans and non -sports fans alike will like this moving book. I only wish my dad was still alive to read it. He loved Grisham’s other non-lawyer story- A Painted House. Being a big Cubs fan, he would have loved this one. I fully expect to watch this story on the big screen someday. It would make a great movie.



View all my reviews

No comments: