Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Austenland

Austenland (Austenland, #1)
Austenland by Shannon Hale





This book is certainly a departure from other Shannon Hale books I’ve read. I picked it up at the library thinking, “I’ve heard of this.” But I couldn’t remember what I’d heard and had no idea what it was about. Though I admire Hale’s writing, I’m not much of a fantasy fan, so this somewhat “real-life” play was refreshing and I was pleasantly surprised at the setting and the premise. It’s a must- read for Austen fans (which I reticently admit I am not.) You can’t help but like the main character, Jane and enjoy her immersion in the English world of yesteryear. It may not be the best book I have ever read, but it kept me entertained and turning the pages. I look forward to the movie, though I’m not sure I should subject my husband to it. He’s a pretty good sport, but this one might be a little much. I just saw on goodreads that there is a sequel to this book. Now I know more what to expect, I just may pursue that.


View all my reviews

No comments: