Sunday, October 21, 2012

Who's That?

We're having our garage and porch painted this week (pictures to come!) and so have had a guy here every day.  Yesterday, he came in the house and saw a picture of President Monson we have in our entry- this very picture, in fact.  He asked, "Who's that?"  You may remember a post I did about little Caleb identifying the picture of George Albert Smith.  "That's George.  He's a prophet!"  Two- year- old Caleb's words popped in my mind immediately. So  I said, "That's Thomas S. Monson.  He's a prophet."  As he left, I realized what had just happened.  I had had the oppotunity to bear brief testimony to someone.  The perfect words came because of the example of my two- year- old grandson.  Thank you, Caleb, for teaching your Grandma.

6 comments:

Joan Morris said...

what a great response. You are ready to be a missionary.

Shonna said...

Sweet post. When I showed it to Caleb he asked who the guy was here on your post and I told him exactly what you said. He said "Thomas? Thomas is right here on my shirt!" He is wearing his Thomas the Train shirt today. What a coincidence.

Kristen Mackrory said...

What a cool cool story. The things we learn from children. Way to follow Caleb's lead Grandma. And way to be a loving, caring grandmother. If you didn't love and care so much that story wouldn't have been the first thing to come to your mind. We are so grateful for you!!

Michelle said...

Sweet story. Such a simple way to bear testimony, yet so powerful. From the mouth of babes . . . and Grandma's. :)

Pal & Hatty said...

Good job! I'm proud of you - you are an exmple to me!

Pam said...

Good for you, Kay!