Saturday, June 30, 2012

Karlee's Senior Recital

Last Saturday, my vocal student- Karlee performed her senior recital at the tabernacle.  She did a beautiful job.  I was so proud of her.  She sang a beautiful varied program of songs she's sung in the last four years- including Italian and Latin arias,  art songs, folk songs and lots of crowd pleasing musical theater selections.  I was her accompanist.  It was well attended by her family, neighbors, ward members, and friends.
When Karlee first started voice lessons with me four years ago, she was very shy.  Her mother would bring her to lessons and come in to listen.  When I'd ask her a question, she'd turn to her mother for her to answer it.  She was so shy.  Wow- what a change:   Saturday, she stood with confidence and poise and introduced each number with a story or interesting fact about the song.  Then she sang each beautifully.  What a rewarding, culminating experience for both of us!  I love what I do!



I was so surprised at the end of the recital when Karlee's Dad brought up a beautiful bouquet of flowers for me.  

Karlee plans to major in voice in college.  Congratulations, Karlee on a beautiful recital!  Good luck in all you do!

3 comments:

Joan Morris said...

Good job Kay! I'm sure you are relived that that is over. I know you worked hard getting all the pieces learned. Beautiful flowers.

Pal & Hatty said...

What a great success story! Kay - you are obviously a wonderful teacher and you deserved those beautiful flowers!

Pam said...

Kay, I am in awe of you and your talent - so wonderful that you can play all of those pieces for her recital. Wish I could have heard her!