Friday, November 18, 2011

The Persian Pickle Club

The Persian Pickle ClubThe Persian Pickle Club by Sandra Dallas My rating: 4 of 5 stars Set in a Depression-era, country town in Kansas, this is the story of a diverse, yet unified group of women. They cling to their love of quilts and quilting and to each other to get them through their difficulties and good times in life. There's a little murder mystery thrown in for good measure, too. I enjoyed "meeting" each of these interesting women, and came to like even the most unlikable of the bunch. This is the first book I've read by Sandra Dallas. I really liked her writing style and themes. I hope to read more of her novels. View all my reviews

1 comment:

Joan Morris said...

I just finished Sandra dallas' latest book, prayers for sale. I really enjoy her books and quilting so it is a match made in heaven.