Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Monday- Barbados

Since Joan and Tom had previously taken a tour of Barbados, and since Patty wasn't feeling well, they didn't go, but the rest of us hired Simon- a local taxi driver- to take us on a tour of Barbados. It was really fun.
Simon (yes, he's driving on the wrong side of the car and the street. Barbados is English.)
The Green Monkey. I am well known to always have whatever anyone needs in my purse. I would totally clean up at the "Let's Make a Deal" show when the host asks if you have something in your purse and if you do, you win money. Anyway, I just happened to have a banana in my purse, so we got to feed the monkeys. When Ken gave one the banana, others came running and shrieking. They made quite a ruckus.
We stopped at a famous Episcopal church there.
Clown Boy. I don't know why. That's just what John calls him.
Many dignitaries have worshipped in this church, including President and Nancy Reagan.
The beautiful view
We told Simon our religion, so he took us by the Latter-day Saint church. We asked him if he knew "Mormons" and he corrected us and said, "latter-day Saints."
This in the home in which George Washington lived in Barbados.
Back on the boat. There was a gorgeous sunset that evening.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

My father is no clown. I'm going to have to ask Uncle John about that one.

Pam said...

I really enjoyed our little tour with Simon - such a beautiful island and he was such a gentleman.