Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Friday- In San Juan, Puerto Rico

Ken and I recently returned from a wonderful vacation. We went on a cruise with all my siblings and spouses in the Carribean. We had a wonderful time together. Ken and I went a day early so Ken could fulfill his long-time desire to bird in El Yunque rainforest in Puerto Rico. He booked us in a beautiful resort, The Rio Mar Beach Resort for two nights. We left on Thursday, arriving that evening. Ken spent the day on Friday in the jungle, looking for birds. He added a dozen or so new birds to his life list. I stayed at the beautiful resort, swimming and relaxing. This was the view from our room.
This was the view from the front of the hotel. Puerto Rico is beautiful.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Before I read your text I could have sworn that your first pic - the view from your room - was a postcard. Jealous.

Pal & Hatty said...

I am so glad that you had a great time in Puerto Rico - you needed those days to relax and recover from your cold so you could enjoy the cuise and Ken filled his wishi as well!! That resort looks awesome!

Pam said...

That resort looks gorgeous! I think it is so cool that Ken keeps such good track of all of the birds he sees - Mom and Dad started a good thing!

Kristen Mackrory said...

Oh wow! Your room?!? Really?!? How incredibly beautiful.