Sunday, March 21, 2010

I finally meet Caleb!

I went to Ohio last week to be with the Camerons and to finally meet baby Caleb. I arrived on Friday night . . .and fell in love with this beautiful baby boy. It was Brian and Michelle's spring break, so they had also come to help, so we were all there together through Sunday. It was wonderful to get to see them and Gabbi, too. They were such a big help to Blake and Shonna: cleaning, cooking, encouraging, feeding, diapering, etc. With a preemie, the routine is much more involved, and Michelle had learned the ropes and taught me. It was a great tag team. Shonna and Blake are on a Crazy schedule. They are amazing. They handle it all with such patience and grace. What amazing people. I thought Michelle expressed how I felt so well. When I told her what a huge help she was and how impressed I was, her response was, "It was so nice to be able to DO something to help instead of just praying SOMEONE would DO something to help." Well said. I got some great pictures of my week+ there, but there are some other snapshots in my mind that are even better: Mind Photo #1: Watching Michelle help Blake change and dress baby Caleb. It's always a challenge to change and dress a newborn, but with Caleb's sensitive skin, triple that. Michelle had learned the process and it was just such a sweet experience to watch them work together. Tears sprang to my eyes. Mind Photo #2: Watching Blake comfort Shonna after a particularly trying few hours. Mind Photo #3: (I have real photos that kind of captured this, too) Shonna's delight at getting out with the baby on a walk in the fresh air. It did us all a lot of good. Mind Photo #4: Watching Blake and Shonna care for and love that precious baby. What a sweet family. I so enjoyed my week with this precious family. PS If you haven't seen Shonna's fabulous new haircut- check out her blog! So cute!!!

7 comments:

Kristen Mackrory said...

Oooooooh! Thank you for those pictures. It was so wonderful to see all of them. You have the cutest little grandkids!! I love the last close up sleeping picture of Caleb, where his lips are closed in a straight line. So precious. And I love the pic of Blake and Shonna looking at him. It is precious. What a beautiful family. I loved the snuggle loves picture too with Gabbi and Melli. It is so fun to get snapshots of Blake and Shonna being such sweet and lovign parents. Thanks for giving us those. :) I'm so glad you got to meet him and get some nice pictures with that darling boy. Those will be treasured by that family in the future...at least similar ones have been in our home.

Carina said...

That is so wonderful that you finally got to meet baby Caleb! He is such a sweet little boy, and I am so glad you had such a nice visit with him, Shonna, and Blake. Thank you for sharing the pictures, including the "mind" photos. I love the picture of Caleb starting to smile, adorable :)

Michelle said...

I LOVE your blog make-over! SO spring-y and beautiful! And the picture at the top is gorgeous. It WAS wonderful to meet Caleb. You got some great pictures! You were a huge blessing to them for that week you got to be there!

martha meyers said...

Very cute grandkids! Congratulations on a wonderful family.

Joan Morris said...

I'm so happy to finally get to see and meet Caleb. Looks like you had a great trip and got to see all your "east coast" family. I'm sure Shonna and Blake were so happy to have you come help and sad to see you go. Here's to lots of Grandma trips.

A Farmers Wife said...

Oh how neat that you all got to be together! And that you got to meet your little Caleb. He is soooooo handsome! Beautiful pictures!

Sarah said...

Fun week! Your pictures are great.