Thursday, November 27, 2008

Count Your Many Blessings

I woke up this morning counting my blessings. Shonna challenged me to do so alphabetically (see her blog) so I'll attempt to do that now: A Atonement-appropriate that it starts with A so I can list it first- my greatest blessing America Ancestors Autumn-my favorite season Apostles B Brielle Blake Brian Blogs- a fun, new addition to my life Books- I've read some really good ones lately Bed-man, I love my bed! BYU Book of Mormon C Christ Christmas Christmas cards- I love this tradition Conference talks- I'm a conference talk junkie- I love studying them Chocolate Camerons- Mark and Donna, for raising a good son Car- I'm so thankful for our cars Comments on blogs D Dates with my husband Doctors- especially this year Dishwasher- my automatic one Dryer- I didn't have one for many years, I've never outgrown my gratitude for it. Daughters Dad- I miss my Daddy E Energy- love it when I have it Email- what a blessing this is in my life! Earrings F Family- immediate and extended Friday nights- love our weekly dates Freedom Football- the BYU variety G Gasoline George W. Bush- no, I'm not kidding. The media has sold the country, the world, that he's been a terrible president- the cause of all our problems. I'm not buying what they're selling. Have there been any attacks on American soil since 911? I think he's a good, God-fearing man who's done the best he can in hard times. I hope history is kind to him. H Holy Ghost- my goal is His constant companionship Home- my very favorite place on earth Hymns- I study them and love them I Idol- American Idol- my favorite tv show J Jared Joan K Ken- my 2nd greatest blessing (after the atonement) Kristen Keynotes- my singing group. I love those ladies Kissing grandchildren L Love M Michelle Mackrorys- Mitch and Carolyn, for raising a fine son Music- such an important part of my life Movies- good ones Mom- I miss my Mom N Nathan Neighbors- we have such good ones O Optimism P Prophet Prayer- what a blessing to know we can talk to God and that He cares Priesthood Princes- Gary and Cynthia, for raising a fine son Piano- probably my favorite earthly possession Physical therapy Q Quiet- not just all I could think of for Q. It really is something I greatly value R Really great family! Rings- I love my rings Recipes S Shonna Singing Scriptures Sons-in-law: I have the three best in the world! Summit- where I do my physical therapy. I love their pools T Temple Teaching- one of my passions Thoughtful kids! Trials U United States of America V Very nice kids! Voice students W Water- especially indoor running- what a blessing! Wonderful kids! X X Rays- that show my knees are good Y Yummy food Z Zuper kids! (I hate zoos)

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Very thorough! Sheesh. . . I don't know if I could come up with a much better list than that.

Kristen Mackrory said...

I LOVE IT! What an uplifting thing to read on Thanksgiving! I got to know you better too through reading it...which I love!!! I totally agree with you on the "quiet" thing! I treasure my quiet times! I liked learning that the piano is your favorite earthly possesion. Jared said it didn't surprise him considering how much you love music and the source of your beautiful grand piano and I guess that makes sense, but it was interesting to read! I loved it, so thanks for sharing!

Blake said...

That is so great mom!!! You put so many thankfuls on there, I'm impressed. We have so much to be grateful for. I loved the Z--you're creative. I also love the new look to your blog, it's really cute! Loved talking to you-it helped close the distance.

Shonna said...

We are so blessed; thanks for sharing all your blessings with us. You're an amazing blogger. ;)

Joan Morris said...

I loved your blog. What a complete list! I was so happy to see me under J. I am so thankful for you too! I'll have to alphabetize my blessings.

James and Tricia Thomas said...

That is such a sweet blog!! I am so impressed you put dishwasher! We are too spoiled now a days because I never even thought about that!