Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ready or Not!



On Friday, I will undergo surgery to replace my right knee. I've been busy trying to get as ready as I can for the event. I've done a lot for my church callings, Keynotes, and voice lessons, which will all start back up in September. I've filled the freezer with food, as I didn't feel like cooking for a good four months after the last surgery. I've made minnestroni, nectar of the gods, chili, chicken casserole, chicken pockets, taco dinner, summer tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, chicken divan, plus I bought several of Costco's prepared foods. We just got our frozen fish today from Ken's Alaska outing. So, we've got a freezer full of food.
I have to admit, I'm a little nervous for this surgery, now that I know what I'm really in for. It's like having a baby, but I haven't waited long enough since the last one- I still remember the pain too well. But, it gives me hope for a better life, and that's worth it. I humbly solicit your prayers.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

We'll be praying for you Aunt Kay - Good Luck!

Bryan and Noel

Joan Morris said...

Just look at that freezer! I can't believe all the food you've prepared. I'm impressed. You will definetly be in my thoughts and prayers! Just think how much better your knees will feel after the surgery. Good luck. We love you!

Brian said...

Good luck! You'll be so happy once you have two new knees! As you know, you are in our prayers. Hopefully we can give you some fresh cooked food in a couple weeks to change things up a bit!

Kelly M said...

We will be praying for you. Hey can I have the recipe for "nectar of the gods"?

Natalie Sue said...

I hope you are doing well and that the surgery went well too! Oh, that's gotta be rough to go back to do it again so soon when you know exactly what you are in for! But you made it through last time, and that's encouraging! Best of luck to you!!! You are so brave!

sara cardon said...

We've been praying for a speedy recovery!! Your freezer is AMAZING. What is Nectar of the Gods?? That ones sounds like a winner. You are now officially invited to come help me prepare when I have my next baby.:)Wow!!