Saturday, September 21, 2024

Same Kind of Different as Me

 

Same Kind of Different as Me: A Modern-Day Slave, an International Art Dealer, and the Unlikely Woman Who Bound Them TogetherSame Kind of Different as Me: A Modern-Day Slave, an International Art Dealer, and the Unlikely Woman Who Bound Them Together by Ron Hall
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Non Fiction. I loved this true story of two men from very different worlds forming a lasting friendship. One was a wealthy art dealer, the other a homeless, black man. The story was uncomfortable, but I learned so much and felt so much. I think my favorite part was when Ron, the wealthy man asks Denver if they can be friends. After thinking about it, Denver says he has heard that when white men fish, they catch and release. He doesn’t want to be a catch and release friend. If they are to be friends, it will be forever. I love the change that comes in both men as they become friends and learn to love.

View all my reviews

No comments: