Monday, April 15, 2024

Firefly Lane

 

Firefly Lane (Firefly Lane, #1)Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’m conservative, so some of the content of this book was more than I wanted to read. But it was a good story and well-written. I know someone very much like Tully- very self-focused and hungry for the spotlight and fame. I felt the author must know her, too as it seemed she based the character on her. It is a story of friendship between two girls that maintain that friendship through adulthood. But to me, there were two other highlights to the book:
1) Kate’s mom. Despite Tully’s troubled life, she took Tully in and loved her as a daughter. She is a literary hero.
2) Johnny and his strong and unending love for Kate.
Those two people made this book worth reading for me.


View all my reviews

No comments: