Monday, April 15, 2024

Barbara Bush




How I admire this lady. I admired her before reading this memoir, and even more so now. I love her down-to-earth view of life, her fierce love for her husband, her family values, and her humor. I was inspired when she was the first lady with her focus on literacy and I even did lectures on the importance of reading to children during that time. My criteria for rating a book 5 stars is that is a page turner and that it inspires me to be a better person. This was not a page turner for me, but I always enjoyed reading it when I picked it up. But I was inspired constantly throughout. Barbara Bush is inspiring! So much so, that I am giving it a 5-star rating. The book’s downside was that she obviously loves people and wanted to include EVERYONE in her memoir. So, there was name after name in it. Those were mostly meaningless to me. It would have been a better read without all of those names- but her book; her way! How I wish that we could have a president now that had the values of faith, family, and country exhibited by the Bush’s.

No comments: