Monday, October 11, 2021

The Likely Resolutions of Oliver Clock

 

The Likely Resolutions of Oliver ClockThe Likely Resolutions of Oliver Clock by Jane Riley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really liked this novel. I grew to like MOST of the characters, especially Oliver. The author has a gift for characterization, I think. The story was clever and I loved the idea of a scented candle that represents a person. What would my scented candle be? Hmmmm. Maybe pool chlorine, my favorite gin and rosewater perfume, baking, and books. In a way, this is a coming-of-age story- only Oliver is 39 years old! It takes some people longer than others! Now that I am through reading, I am missing the friends I made in this book. Because there was an unnecessary scene of immorality, I can only give it 4 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments: