Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Bucking the Sun

 

Bucking the Sun (Two Medicine Country, #4)Bucking the Sun by Ivan Doig
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I guess I have made it clear that I am an Ivan Doig fan. I love his writing. But this one was not my favorite. I’m not sure why. Hmmm. I think it was because I really didn’t like any of the characters in this book. Yes, I think that’s it. You have to at least like someone in the story.
It is set in the 1930’s in Montana during the building of the Fort Peck dam- one of FDR’s New Deal Projects. The main characters are all from a family: parents, three brothers and their wives. The name of the book is thought-provoking and clever. It refers to driving into the sun, but still keeping your focus even though the sun is in your eyes- an experience most have had. We have to keep going, even while bucking the sun. Though the book has historical value, it was not my favorite of Doig’s novels.


View all my reviews

No comments: