Friday, June 12, 2020

The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy

The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy (Harold Fry, #2)The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy by Rachel Joyce

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is a companion book to The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, a book I really enjoyed. It is the story from Queenie’s perspective. Harold Fry walks from one end of England to the other to “save” Queenie Hennessy from her cancer. This book tells the story from Queenie’s view. I loved how Queenie, though not healed from her cancer, is healed emotionally as she tells Harold, in a very long letter, her side of their relationship. Though the author said she didn’t expect to write Queenie as she was writing Harold, I found this technique unique and fascinating. It completes the Harold Fry story, making the reader feel satisfied.



View all my reviews

No comments: