Tuesday, May 26, 2020

The Lighthouse Keeper's Daughter

The Lighthouse Keeper's DaughterThe Lighthouse Keeper's Daughter by Hazel Gaynor

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Every once in a while, you read a book that speaks to your soul. This one did mine.
From the first line I was immersed in the story of two courageous women: Grace Darling (who was a real-life hero who rescued victims of a shipwreck in the 1830s. You can google it) and Matilda who lived a century apart. The chapters go back and forth between the two women and I was drawn into their lives: their hopes, their dreams, their loves, their families. Both wore the same locket (I have always been fascinated with lockets) and eventually you see how they were connected and how Matilda ended up with Grace’s locket. I loved this book. It gets the highest ratings from me. Thanks to my sister, Joan for recommending it to me.




View all my reviews

1 comment:

Joan Morris said...

So glad you liked it! It is a good book!