Tuesday, October 15, 2019

What Did the Prophet Ask Us to Do? October, 2019


What Did the Prophet Ask Us to Do?  October, 2019



Women’s Session

Study prayerfully Doctrine and Covenants 25

Examine your life meticulously.  Put aside many things of the world as directed by the Holy Ghost.

Distinguish between truth and error.  Be guardians of morality.  Teach others to do likewise.  “Let me be very clear about this:  If the world loses the moral rectitude of its women, the world will never recover.

We need your (women’s) voice teaching the doctrine of Christ.  We need your input in family, ward, and stake councils.  Your participation is essential and never ornamental.

Study prayerfully all the truths you can find about priesthood power.  Begin with Doctrine and Covenants 84 and 107.



Sunday Morning

“Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy.” Deut. 15:11

Matthew 25:

“For I was an hungered and ye gave me meat.  I was thirsty, and y gave me drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me in; Naked, and ye clothes me; I was sick, and ye visited me.”

Make a conscientious effort to care about others as musch as or more than we care about ourselves, especially when it is not convenient and when it takes us out of our comfort zone;  Living that second great commandment is the key to becoming a true disciple of Jesus Christ.



Closing Remarks:

As members of the Church, we need to be prepared to answer questions about the temple.  He gives specific answers we can be prepared to give.  Youth should obtain limited- use recommends for the temple.

In the next six months, individuals and families should prepare for a special general conference next April:

Read Joseph Smith’s account of the First Vision.

Ponder: How would my life be different if my knowledge gained from the Book of Mormon were suddenly taken away?”  “How have the events of the First Vision made a difference for me and my loved ones?”  You may wish to incorporate the Book of Mormon videos in your individual and family study.

Select your own questions.  Design your own plan.  Immerse yourself in the glorious light of the Restoration.

No comments: