Tuesday, October 22, 2019

The Simple Faith of Mister Rogers: Spiritual Insights From the World's Most Beloved Neighbor

The Simple Faith of Mister Rogers: Spiritual Insights from the World's Most Beloved NeighborThe Simple Faith of Mister Rogers: Spiritual Insights from the World's Most Beloved Neighbor by Amy Hollingsworth

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I haven’t always been, but the more I learn about him, I declare myself a Mr. Rogers fan. I loved reading this book written by a friend of Fred Rogers after his death. It gave insight to what kind of friend Mr. Rogers was. It was full of wisdom and thought-provoking quotations. A few of them follow:
“I tried to look everyone in the eye and make each person feel that he or she was important, the only one present at the moment . . .When you convince people that you really care and that, even if hundreds of others are around at that particular moment they are the only ones that count- then you establish a new relationship . . . You have somehow mediated the love, mercy, and compassion of the Lord. In other words, the encounter also has a significant religious dimension: It helps strengthen the bond, the relationship, between each person and God.”
“There is one thing that evil cannot stand- and that’s forgiveness.”
“To be able to be accepted for who we are and to be able to grow from there is one of the great treasures of life.”




View all my reviews

No comments: