Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Tending Roses

Tending Roses (Tending Roses, #1)Tending Roses by Lisa Wingate

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Another great book by author, Lisa Wingate. This is the third book I have read by this author. I like her and appreciate her values- reflected in her writing.
She says she wrote the book because she realized that she was so focused on goals down the road, she was missing the value of where she was. That is a main theme of the book: enjoy and make the most of now. The book has beautiful themes that resonate with my core values: Importance of family, the need to forgive, the value of faith, motherhood vs. career, the notion of quality time versus quantity time with loved ones, the duty to care for one another, especially the elderly, and difficulty of deciding how best to care for elderly parents and grandparents, the importance of an active father, the materialistic focus of society, the need of disadvantaged children, and the loss of family. “The secret to a happy life is not in getting what you want. It is in learning to want what you get. Don’t waste your time crying over what you’re not given. When you have tears in your eyes, you can’t see all the beautiful things around you. That’s all I know.” A bit of wisdom shared by Grandma Rose, a main character in the book, on her 90th birthday.
I loved the truths taught in this book.
The interactions between characters sometime seemed contrived and some of the action, not plausible. But I loved the messages of this book and recommend it.




View all my reviews

1 comment:

Pal & Hatty said...

Great Review! I especially love the quote from Grandma Rose. I copied it and added it to my collection of quotes!
Thanks Kay!