Thursday, May 4, 2017

Tsuruoka Branch Easter Program

On Easter Sunday, our little branch put on an Easter program.  We invited our less active and non-member friends to come and learn more of Jesus Christ. 
Sweet Remi made this beautiful billboard to welcome people who came.


Imi (and some of the other sisters) made beautiful Easter eggs for everyone who attended that day.
The program was based on a conference address given by President Gordon B. Hinckley in April, 2000.  It was his testimony of Jesus Christ and made a beautiful program. He outlined the ways Jesus blesses his life:  Jesus is my loving friend, Jesus is my exemplar, Jesus is my leader, Jesus is my healer, Jesus is my teacher,  Jesus is my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus is my God and my King.  We had narrators read his words in Japanese and then sang a song or songs about each way Jesus blesses our lives.  Following are some videos we took of our choir rehearsals as we prepared for the special program.  The finished program was better, but it gives you an idea. 
It was unifying and a joy to share testimony with these beautiful saints. We had five non-member friends join us for the service, which made us very happy.   We express our love and gratitude for our Savior, Jesus Christ. 

2 comments:

Joan Morris said...

Awesome! What a blessing you have been to the saints in Japan! You have shared the light of Christ in everything you do! What a beautiful program.

Pam said...

Every time I pull up your blog and read about how you are sharing your talents in your little branch, I am touched. I am so proud of you, Kay, and so proud to be your sister! You have increased the faith and the spirit of Christ in those sweet saints!