Sunday, February 19, 2017

Making Lip Balm and a Japanese Tea Party

Our February Relief Society activity was very fun.  We gathered in the kitchen at the church.  I recorded part of the opening song.  I love hearing my sisters sing the hymns in their language:
Rizumi then taught us how to make "lip cream."  We would call it lip balm.  Now, if you know me, you know I LOVE lip gloss, balm, etc.  So this activity was a hit with me!!
We measured bees wax and then added grape seed oil.  We melted them together and added a drop of essential oil.
Our beautiful teacher, Rizumi.  I think she gets tired of me telling her how beautiful she is!





We then poured our concoction into little tubes to harden.








See?  See?  She's gorgeous and such a sweetheart.

Ta Da!!!!!!

Rizumi wrote the instructions for us.  She added English and pictures so that I could follow along.

After we made our lip creams, we had a Japanese tea party.  We had mugicha- wheat tea and several Japanese snacks or treats.
I especially loved the dried squid (front left.) Next is shrimp cracker, then something that is like a molasses covered corn puff.  Then a flavored cracker and a octopus cracker.


The whole group.  How I love these dear sisters.

A steamed cake in the top left. 
This was a sweet, bonding afternoon in the Tsuruoka branch Relief Society.  Lip balm and a tea party- two of my favorite things!!!!

1 comment:

Joan Morris said...

You can see how much those sisters love you too! What a great RS activity.