Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Labor Day Weekend with the Prince Family

We had such a fun Labor Day weekend with the Prince family.  They arrived from Las Vegas on Friday.  We had a delicious barbecue dinner with yummy Kay's Conglomerate Burgers and chips and Pico de Galo and Italian Salad.

I baked egg bread on Friday so that I could make the stuffed french toast we had in Door County.  I made Blueberry instead of cherry, and if I say so myself, it was even better than the "best breakfast in America!"  I will post the recipe soon on Hungryhintons.blogspot.com.  
We then made a picnic and headed for the mountains.  We went first to Cedar Breaks.  It is so beautiful up there, but, my it was cold!  The wind was blowing.


The beautiful view was worth the cold, though.  That is one of the prettiest places on earth, I think!




We then headed for lower and warmer ground.  We went to Kolob Canyon.

We had a nice picnic there then went on the Overlook hike.  

Because I'm slower than everyone else, Gabby and I got a head start while the others went back for the baby backpack. She was a fun little hiking companion- but way faster than me.  She pretty much ran circles around me.

We stopped for a rest on a rock.  How I love this little girl.


I made it to the end- with the help of Brian's walking sticks.  Those things were great!


It was so beautiful!



We then hurried home to watch the now-famous BYU/Nebraska game.  We had recorded it, so we were partying a little later than everyone else! 

I took this just before the end.  Oh, what a finish!!!!!!  Best game ever!!!!

On Sunday evening, we made the traditional Hinton family ice cream.  

On Monday, we headed for city center.  The kids loved the Carousel.

And the water park.


Thank you Princes for a great Labor Day weekend.  How we love that you are close enough now to spend time with us. Holidays are so much more fun now!

2 comments:

sara cardon said...

How fun! I'm sure they love being closer too. I like that you and Michelle were matching in pink on Saturday!

Joan Morris said...

What a fun weekend. I love that you've got kids and grandkids close by to have fun with. We love southern Utah and the beautiful red rocks and views too.